Re: Website updates

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Scott Randby <srandby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - There is no logout link anywhere and no indication that I am logged in.

Whoops! Added. It's on the second link bar after you sign in.

> - There is no obvious way to edit my account information. After dealing
> with a few "access denied" messages, I finally reached my user page
> using the link given in the email I received after I registered.
> However, I shouldn't have to search around for that link (which will
> probably be lost by users anyway) every time I want to change my account
> information.

The main reason behind this is because you shouldn't need to edit
account information. Your username and email are kept in-sync with
Launchpad, and setting a password is ineffective since the only
sign-on method is through Launchpad. The only time you should be on
the My Account page is when you're changing your map location, which
you can access from the main map page.

In any case, I'll look into making it easier to access and make that
page a little less ambiguous. Thanks for the feedback. :)

--
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net/