The Continuing Distributed Denial of Service Attacks on freenode

In light of the continuing Distributed Denial of Service attacks on freenode, I'm putting the following questions to the Ohio LoCo for consideration:

1.  Can we establish an XMPP/Jabber conference room as a logged fall-back position if the situation on freenode's part continues to deteriorate?

2.  Has anybody made concerns known to the IRC Council about the health of freenode as of late?

3.  We have roughly 20 members idling in the channel normally.  How effectively is IRC serving us as a means of communication?

I look forward to a lively discussion of those questions.

Stephen Michael Kellat
POC & Leader

Follow ups