ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive

Weekly Meetings on IRC/Next meeting

Good afternoon,

As per discussed in the meeting last night, I think we are going to go
ahead with weekly IRC meetings. The goal of these is going to be an
informal check-in with whoever decides to come about little items that
require collaberation. So we would go off and do various tasks during
the week, and give progress reports at these weekly meetings. I am
looking to make it more informal, so no little gentle reminders here
and no agendas. The logs will just be put on a wiki page and we can
then just call it a day. Then the purpose of the monthly meeting would
be to do a more formal check-in with a bigger projected attendance and
audience, and to present the larger items.

Unless someone objects, I would like to present the time of Friday
nights from 7:00 to 7:30 PM (CST). If you know that you will never be
able to make this time, please respond as soon as possible.

For the monthly meetings, since it was brought up that Tuesday nights
from 7:00 to 8:00 (CST) was a bad time, during the meeting, we
discussed moving the time to the second Friday of each month from 7:00
to 8:00 PM (CST). This would give us a more relaxed environment, as
people would have just finished the work/school week, and hopefully be
more relaxed. We are still keeping the time, as some people work until
5, and the people in school probably have some homework to do. On weeks
that we would have this meeting, the informal IRC meeting would not
happen. So if we went through with this, the next meeting would be
Friday, January 8, 2016 from 7 PM to 8 PM CST. If anyone knows for a
fact that the time would confict with them on a regular basis(other
regular meetings at that time), please reply to this by Wednesday,
December 9, 2015 at 3:30 PM CST. If nobody replies to this, I can also
assume that the weekly IRC meetings have a good time, and the first one
would be Friday, December 11, 2015 from 7:00 to 7:30 PM CST.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns please let me know.

Have a nice day,
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2
Contact for the Ubuntu US Wisconsin LoCo Team
Lubuntu Contributor