ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Release Party - where and when?

Hello Ubuntoids and Kwartzlabbers:  I'm spamming two lists here;
hopefully there is sufficient overlap that you'll all forgive me.

The next release of Ubuntu (12.10, Quantal Quetzal) will be out on
Thursday, 18 October 2012.

The past few years Ubuntu Waterloo has held an Ubuntu Release Party at
Kwartzlab on the Saturday following a release, thanks to all the hard
work of Darcy Casselman.  This year Ralph Janke tells me that not only
is Darcy unavailable, but Kwartzlab is already booked on the 20th for
their Third Anniversary celebration.

So, what to do?

1) Find a different venue. Maybe on a different date.  Anyone have ideas?

2) Find a different date when Kwartzlab is available; Ralph can be the
host.  A weeknight might be possible, but I don't know how many people
will want to party in the middle of the week. The following Saturday, 27
October is Hacky Halloween so Kwartzlabbers may be busy. Maybe on the
Sunday?

3) Don't have an Ubuntu Release Party.  (Just typing that is making me sad)

Hoping for some good ideas,
--Bob.

--
Bob Jonkman <bjonkman@xxxxxxxxx>         http://sobac.com/sobac/
SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388