Re: [Question #48704]: Uninstall Evolution and Pilot

Question #48704 on evolution in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/48704

Tory posted a new comment:
Using synaptics is very risky to remove evolution - apparently it
removes other critical files so we loose the desktop and have to do a
complete reinstall. Another post mentioned a recovery option from the
ubuntu cd - I didnt see any based on the iso download.

If you are removing evolution be very careful.

Synaptics should CLEARLY indicate what files are part of the os or
desktop and not safe to remove.