Re: [Question #67387]: Uninstalled Evolution, lost menu bars, other fixes have not worked 8.04

Tory posted a new comment:
I saw this on another post - had the same problem - lost then
menu/desktop by using synaptic to remove evolution.

They should warn us if we are deleting critical files that are part of
the os....

This may work (from the terminal)

sudo apt-get remove evolution gnome-pilot (also to remove pilot)

ps why cant we remove the floppy drive - who on earth has these?

Aloha