Re: [Question #76232]: I downloaded 9.04 desktop ok now what?

Tom posted a new comment:
If the LiveCd session works and firefox can find your internet connection so that you can surf to here then install Ubuntu using this guide
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot

This should setup a robust system where you can choose between using
Windows or using Ubuntu each time you turn the machine on.  It helps you
get used to using Ubuntu at your own pace while still going back to
Windows for the odd one or two things you haven't quite learned how to
do in Ubuntu yet.  Most of us keep a working dual-boot like this even
tho it might be quite some time since we last went back into Windows
because some games and things work slightly better in Windows at first.
Also it's quite handy if someone asks for help to fix a Windows problem
on their machine to be able to quickly pop back in and check where
things are in the menus.

I hope this helps!
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)