[Question #76469]: ssh: debug1 - unspecified gss failure. minor code may provide more information

When I try to connect to an ssh server (with ssh -v) I always have (my system is an Ubuntu 8.04):

debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
No credentials cache found
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
No credentials cache found
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information

I read many posts about it but I haven't understood if the problem is on the server side or on the client side.
The solution seems to disable gssapi authentication on client side.
The fact is that on many servers ssh is very slow because of this issie.