[Question #76476]: preferences.xml not a valid XML file, or you don't have read permissions on it.

When I start Inkscape, I get the following message 'preferences.xml not a valid XML file, or you don't have read permissions on it.
Inkscape will run with default settings.
New settings will not be saved.
With this the Inkscape starts with default settings!
I would like to set up my own settings.