Re: [Question #76449]: can't log into ubuntu name and password rejected

Question #76449 on eog in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eog/+question/76449

davepaul confirmed that the question is solved:
Thank you so much mr. parsnip.
It worked- eventually - and - Yes, I am a child with Linux.
I bought a beautiful 'Linux Format Magazine' glossy magazine and DVD for 10 UK pounds that only proclaimed the virtues of Ubuntu. Naively, like a child, I believed what I read, mainly because people like Nelson Mandala was used in the promotion of Ubuntu.
Its very frustrating to find my expectations of having bought into a fine reliable OS - that isn't !

What I'm slowly becoming accustomed to is that I've got myself involved in a (perhaps well-meaning?) development team, that I am expected to joyfully participate in.
  I am not a user of a reliable and completed Operating System that I can forget about whilst I get on with my work...

I've had many crashes lockups and a complete Ubuntu re-install. This
reported bug is the final one of a week of sound and video problems that
caused me to keep uninstalling and re-installing software in a vain
attempt to fix. Even Firefox is locking up until I clear all my recent
tabs and start again.

Anyhow- hope you appreciate my little grizzle.
I expect I'll be reporting some more problems for you to resolve for me.
Thanks anyhow for all your help here and the rebuke!
cheers
dave