[Question #76711]: Sudo password

New question #76711 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/76711

Im new to using this whole system, and I dont really understand it. When i try to add a new user, with the command line, it says i need to install the root? And it tells me how to do it. But when i use the command it says, it asks me to enter my sudo password, when then when i try to type, nothing comes up.

Its not my keyboard, its just on that command. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!