Re: [Question #76793]: acsess to my files

Question #76793 on nautilus in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/76793

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
Ok looks like you have a 1Gb memory stick named /dev/sdb but it looks
like its partition table is a bit mangled

You can try mount it with this:

sudo mkdir /media/1gb; sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/1gb -t <type> -o
uid=1000 --force

You will need to replace the word <type> with the type you expect it to
be

so for example if the type is formatted NTFS you will need to use:

sudo mkdir /media/1gb; sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/1gb -t ntfs-3g -o
uid=1000 --force

and for FAT32 you will need:

sudo mkdir /media/1gb; sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/1gb -t vfat -o
uid=1000 --force

or whatever format you have used for the partition (There is no
indication at all from the output but my guess is FAT32 as it sucks and
does this sort of thing)

I suggest you get as much data off it as you can (or if it is a backup
drive simply format) then wipe all partitions and repartition it.

The output for /dev/sdb should have looked something like the one for
/dev/sda which is your internal system drive. You mount partitions and
not drives as windows would have you believe.