Re: [Question #76903]: what to install? 32 or 64 bit

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     Hi.... I'm using the 64-bit version, and if I had the option I
would have used the 32 bit version.  Most of the older software I have
sitting around is 32 bit and won't run on the 64 bit version.  I would
love to have tested the Wine package with installations of my old
Windows games (which don't run so well on Windows anymore anyway, but
even DOS stuff runs in Linux).

     As for any other differences between the two, I can't say.  I jumped from the 32 bit version of Fedora Core 2 right up to the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 8.04 (now upgraded to 9.04).  Must admit, I had to upgrade my printer drivers for both of my printers to work in the 64 bit version of LInux, though, even though they were both recognized by the system at startup.
     As for Internet, use the Firefox web browser, and there are packages for flash.

     Hope this is helpful.