[Question #77323]: Cannot install Ubuntu 8.10 - HDD issues?

I had Ubuntu installed but I wanted to install windows as well and while partitioning the HDD I accidently erased the wrong thing, having done such a stupid thing I went ahead and just wiped it all out. After I completely erased everything on my HDD I tried to install an old version of Windows 2K on my PC. Apparently something went wrong and it kept telling me that files couldn't be copied. So I decided to install Ubuntu 8.10 on my PC once again and say screw the windows. Well now whenever I try to boot up it shows my motherboards bootscreen and then it goes completely black and says something like

NTADR cannot be found.

I'm currently at the library so I'm not sure if that's the exact thing it says, but I do know is NT?DR cannot be found.

I cannot get it to respond to anything. WHAT DO I DO? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Jasmine