[Question #77323]: Cannot install Ubuntu 8.10 - HDD issues?

Description changed to:
I had Ubuntu installed but I wanted to install windows as well and while
partitioning the HDD I accidently erased the wrong thing, having done
such a stupid thing I went ahead and just wiped it all out. After I
completely erased everything on my HDD I tried to install an old version
of Windows 2K on my PC. Apparently something went wrong and it kept
telling me that files couldn't be copied, I just aborted the install and
turned off the computer. And then I decided to install Ubuntu 8.10 on my
PC once again and say screw the windows. Well now whenever I try to boot
up it shows my motherboard's boot up screen and then it goes completely
black and says something like

NTADR cannot be found.

I'm currently at the library so I'm not sure if that's the exact thing
it says, but I do know is NT?DR cannot be found.

I cannot get it to respond to anything. WHAT DO I DO? This is driving me
nuts.

Thanks,

Jasmine