Re: [Question #76860]: Picasa chmod 666 command broke my video

ironhorse99 gave more information on the question:
As it seems there are no solutions to my self inflicted destruction of
my system perhaps I can fix it through obtaining some text files I've
saved on that partition. What I've done is create a partition without
disturbing ver.9.04. I loaded ver.8.10 ubuntu on a separate partiton in
hopes of pulling my bakup nvidia driver settings from that partition.
The only problem is that although I can see the partition I can't see
"any" files whatsoever. How can I gain access to that partition once
I've booted into ver.8.10. I'm thinking I have a good chance of
rebuilding my video settings & maybe save ver. 9.04. Thanks, Mike