[Question #77372]: How to creat an internet connection in ubuntu?

I use internet on windows xp. It is a wired connection provided by a ISP. To establish the connection i had to set MAC address, IP address etc. I have to provide username and password to connect the internet. I want to use the connection in ubuntu 8.10.

How settings should be in ubuntu to use the connection?