Re: [Question #77354]: is there a list of formatting characters and their meaning in oo writer

Question #77354 on openoffice.org in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/77354

Bill Beardsmore is still having a problem:
On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 06:32 +0000, Vihar wrote:

> Your question #77354 on openoffice.org in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/77354

> Vihar proposed the following answer:
> It's not very clear to me but I suppose you want to see
> Tools-->Customize...-->Keyboard.

Thanks very much Vihar for your reply, but unfortunately this is not
what I want to know.

I will clarify my problem.

Now and again I create a document which is composed of extracts from
other documents (which, very often, have been created by programs other
than open office). Once I have copied and pasted these extracts into my
document, I proceed to format the document. To help do this I click on
'View' and turn on 'Nonprinting Characters'. However I don't know the
meaning of some of the characters, symbols, lines, and shaded blocks
that appear (and which represent open office's interpretation of the
existing formatting), and so I go about laboriously deleting the
formatting I don't understand, and then reformatting the document as a
whole. I anticipate that the process would be much easier if I knew the
meaning of all the formatting, as I would be able to incorporate some of
it into the final document with full knowledge of what I had done.

Can you please help me???.

Thanking you in anticipation. Bill Beardsmore