Re: [Question #77354]: is there a list of formatting characters and their meaning in oo writer

Question #77354 on openoffice.org in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/77354

Vihar proposed the following answer:
Hi!
Rcently I don't create or compose documents so I'm not so familiar with OpenOffice. I used to do it with MS Word so I can tell you my general considerations.

I understand you copy from a document opened by another program and paste to an opened document of OpenOffice. This way you are pasting directly foreign formatting and OpenOffice doesn't or can not process it. I suppose you open those documents, if possible, with OpenOffice and copy and paste between two documents opened by OpenOffice. This way the foreign formatting will be processed or converted to a maximum extent by OpenOffice.
You can look at the option File-->Wizards-->Document Converter and play with Insert-->File to look at the difference with the direct pasting.

I realise I probably tell you common things that you know.
Cheers!