Re: [Question #76415]: maybe these will help?

STEVE G confirmed that the question is solved:
Mark,

Last chapter of many:

I kept working on the wicd business and did get it installed. It WORKS
LIKE A CHARM!  Once again my neighbors wifi connections are at my
fingertips. I would still like to know what happened to screw my Mini
up, but basically am just glad it works again.

Should I be doing something different to have different kernels
available with ESC?

Looking forward to 9.10. Ready to plunge ahead.

I am a 71 year old man having fun with Ubuntu.

SteveG