Re: [Question #77480]: Should it be taking hours to burn the disk?

Tom proposed the following answer:
700Mb is about the largest Cd size and is plenty for Ubuntu.  Can we just check that you downloaded the Ubuntu iso from here?
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Slow burn speed is good and it can take perhaps an hour but the sound
effects sound weird.  Over an hour is very unusual.  I tend to find the
cheapest "write once" cds are best for this, preferably ones that can
only be bought in packs of 10 or more because they are too cheap to be
sold singly.  It's almost the opposite fo trying to make a data cd -
except that slow-burn speed helps there too.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)