Re: [Question #78441]: I'm getting a low disk message and I haven't done much on my computer

Question #78441 on Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/78441

Lars Friedrichs proposed the following answer:
Ok, you definetly don't have more space left:

Disk /dev/sda: 3791 MB, 3791241216 bytes

The above line tells us that your harddisk really is no more than 3,7Gb.
You should make a list of things you want to do with your computer. It
should also include what documents you might want to create and how much
(rough approximate). Afterwards one can make a plan what applications
you need and then the real space needed can be calculated.

3.7GB is really not much (today) - just think of USB sticks that you
could buy. Most of them already are 4GB and many even more. Would it be
possible to use a USB stick as an extension or to just buy a bigger
disk? Just think of these questions as these options may be much
'cheaper' in means of time you have to invest and comfort you gain on
the linux system.