Re: [Question #78334]: cannot install... keeps locking up ... its been 2 months and I NEED SOME HELP...don't want to go back to Windows

Tom proposed the following answer:
I never know which to do first, the md5 check of the cd or just run a
LiveCd session.  The LiveCd gives a good general impression so if you
don't like what you see then why not move straight on to the next
distro.  Sometimes it's worth popping back and re-try a distro.  Of
course a bad md5 will lead to a bad LiveCd but if you don't like the
LiveCd then you may have saved time doing a md5 check <shrugs> a chicken
and egg type thing.

DistroWatch pages are a good central place to find out about different
distros and it's easy to navigate to the home pages from there.

@ Gandolinio - i agree with most of what you say apart from point 3 in this case because the 1st time Ryanehill asked us for help we ignored him
There's not enough of us volunteers and there's only so much time that we can each put into this but there's got to be a better way for us to handle situations like this.  A rude note from the Janitor after 15days is unhelpful and i think we should work on fixing that note at the very least.

Anyway, good luck and regards from
Tom :)