[Question #78520]: digiKam: video playback and audio playback device

After dissatisfaction/trouble with both F-Spot and gThumb in Ubuntu Jaunty on Dell 4600, I installed digiKam even though I have the Gnome desktop. I love the look (more like Canon Zoom Browser included with my Powershot I used in that other OS), but I've run into a couple glitches. First, when I open digiKam a message window opens in upper right that says "Phonon: KDE's Multimedia Library  The audio playback device Dell Soundblaster Live! (EMU10K1X Front) does not work. Falling back to default." Furthermore, and probably related, when I try to open a video out of digiKam (left click) I get a message "An error is occured with media player..."  even though when I right click the file and select "Open with Media Player" the clip works great. Probably making a mountain out of a mole hill here, but the perfectionist in me demands 100% performance. Thanks for your help.   R