[Question #78519]: does Ubuntu netbook 9.04 work with EeePC 1000HD?

Ubuntu says Ubuntu netbook 9.04 works with Eee PC 1000H, 1000HA and 1000HE but requires Intel Atom. I have 1000HD with Intel Celeron (900MHz). Will this OS work with my computer? I currently have this computer double booted with Windows XP and Freespire. I get no sound or network with Freespire and want to replace it with Ubuntu. Will Ubunto overwrite it or do I have to delete it (Freespire) first? To uninstall Freespire I presumably have to get into the EFI partition and remove Grub as well as wiping the D volume where Freespire is installed. Is this correct? Thank you very much for any assistance.