Re: [Question #58637]: Open files besides openoffice with 2 clix in nautilius

Question #58637 on nautilus in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/58637

kanub posted a new comment:
i come from a Windows background and most of my .txt files had the executable flag set so Linux thinks the need to be executed. what i did was run the following command.
WARNING: this recursively converts ALL files to non-executable. i didn't have any executables in my home directory right after setting up Ubuntu.

find ~ -type f -exec chmod -x {} \;