Re: [Question #78094]: Jaunty gives '$ HOME/.dmrc file being ignored' after booting

Sam proposed the following answer:
##O.T.
Ray, my deepest respect and well, I lost my bet.
Sorry, since I don't use skype you may search a little if and how others solved the issues.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu

Anyway, you should open a new question for the issue with skype and sound.
It makes it easier for others to follow up or find a solution for themselves.

Hence, if the '.dmrc file' issue is solved, please mark the question
solved also.

>From what I've read so far, in section 'Audio devices' automatic sound preferences shouldn't be set.
And 'plughw' should be set, instead of 'hw'.
Skype actually uses ALSA, so in your system audio settings everything should be set to ALSA too.
If using PulseAudio, then all other audio settings need to be set to PulseAudio too.

In general, sound settings need to be consistent.