Re: [Question #75936]: HighPoint 2300 raid controller dirver for 9.04

Rensy is still having a problem:
In a nutshell, I want to install an existing Raid 5 using the RocketRaid
2300 controller formatted NTFS from my WinXP OS I do not want to
repartition as there is over 2TB of data on this raid. I do not want to
boot from this raid drive or change the NTFS disk file system. I just
want to use it for shared storage from my Ubuntu 9.04 server.

Highpoint-tech website has drivers for 9.04 ubuntu (rr231x_0xpm-ubuntu-9.04-i386-v2.4.09.0420.tgz) but their install instructions (UBUNTU install manual) appear to be for a boot install. They responded within days of my request for help but refer me to their driver installation instructions. I installed the driver per instructions & rebooted (I did not edit the /etc/fstab as I do not boot from the raid.) The Raid 5 dirve is showing up in the >Places>Computer window as 4 drives that I can't mount. I'm expeting 1 drive as my raid. I What am I missing?

Has anyone configured this type of hardware and if so can you walk me thru it?
I'm a struggling newbe trying to break free of Windows. Help!