Re: [Question #78944]: Need to schedule updates and installs

Question #78944 on synaptic in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+question/78944

Michael Fletcher proposed the following answer:
Sorry I missed this question

> The other half of the question is, is there an easy way to schedule new application
> installs? The Add/Remove... window has no Settings button or any other way to
> schedule. I know how to do crontab stuff if I need to, so I can do apt-get in a cron
> job, but that is error-prone, at best -- one typo and we try again tomorrow night! Is
> there a more idiot-proof way?

The best I can suggest is using the -s command of apt-get.  That sortof
stands for "simulation".  Its lets you try out the apt-get command
durring the day without actually executing it.

ex:

# apt-get install -s postgresql
# sudo at 03:00
apt-get install postgresql