Re: [Question #79187]: Just bought my panp5, sysem76. I need a mentor!

Tom proposed the following answer:
Also there are some guides here that might help

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows

About security
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Antivirus
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

Internet-browser
Generally it's better to set your history to be deleted just after a session rather than just before starting one.  To have a look at all the setting in firefox click on the "Edit" menu and choose "Preferences" and in there click on "Privacy" look at the bottom of that page to set the delete history type of setting.  I would also change the advanced settings for java so that it can't resize the window.  It might be worth doing a few other things there too.

About terminal commands
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal

Note that at the top of all these guides is a search tool which can be
helpful sometimes or annoying at others, still mine only seems to suffer
from user-error ;)

Also you might find this guide useful
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Signpost?action=show&redirect=HowToGetHelp

Good luck and regards from