ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

[Blueprint logo-roundel-redesign] Ubuntu GNOME logo redesign

Blueprint changed by amjjawad:

Whiteboard changed:
  [amjjawad] Okay, so this is an extra needed headache. Can't we use the old Logo with Ubuntu Logo and 'Ubuntu GNOME' as a text? or we do need to create new one from scratch? did you guys inform everyone on Ubuntu GNOME team? if not yet, we need to keep everyone updated :)

  [aldomann] Actually, if we use the new logo (the current one) all together, that is not only the roundel, everything should look fine. But I don't know if that's the best decision for our social profiles. Let me do a quick mockup and I'll post it here.

- [aldomann] So, there's four options (two actually):
-      1. We modify our logo (the hard one).
-      2. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/17190H3p1Z43
-      3. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/0k1P0T1Y2P19
-      4. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/2P2j0A1u310L
+ [aldomann] So, there's four options (two actually):
+      1. We modify our logo (the hard one).
+      2. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/17190H3p1Z43
+      3. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/0k1P0T1Y2P19
+      4. We use this: http://cl.ly/image/2P2j0A1u310L
  I personally like No. 4, as it doesn't look odd (2 and 3 look weird and very non-symmetrical) and actually is the same way Ubuntu show their branding on social media pages.
+ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
+ [amjjawad] [RE: aldomann] I do like all the new designs you made but
+ indeed, #4 is similar to what Lubuntu, Ubuntu and I guess all the other
+ flavours have as a Logo (Name of the Flavour + the icon that represents
+ the system) so I guess #4 is our best choice (again, I liked them all).
+ However, I am confused. You stated:
+
+ "Since the very first day of showing our new logo we've had issues about
+ its implementation. The GNOME Broad don't allow to use the roundel
+ (i.e., the circle with the GNOME foot) by its own (e.g., as we use it in
+ our Social Media profile pictures) as it misleads to think that it is
+ maintained by GNOME."
+
+ Does it mean the one and only problem is using the 'foot' of 'GNOME'
+ without any other addition? does it mean if we add 'Ubuntu GNOME' to the
+ foot, that would be acceptable?
+
+ Also, please note if the logo will be changed, we need to update everything: Slide Show, The logo inside the system (Ubuntu GNOME), the logo at the Login Screen (GDM), etc. Changing that on our Social Media Channels are the least headache :P that is super easy ;)

--
Ubuntu GNOME logo redesign
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/logo-roundel-redesign