ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: Web Site Screenshots

I was afraid of that.

The new website should be one of the top priorities as it is the first
thing that potential users see and many of them are likely to make
decisions on the quality of the software based on the website design.
Clearly Ubuntu GNOME is one of the most polished distributions on earth,
our website does not do us any justice in representing the software. As the
person who has taken the lead on communications and marketing, this is a
serious pain-point for me as well.

The big problems I see is the website has many outdated images and is not
easy to navigate. It lacks content and needs to be updated often. Many
modern websites use responsive designs and are much more polished.
Ultimately a poorly designed website will cause us to loose users rather
then gain users.

A few example websites that reflect some of the design elements we should
be using are

http://ubuntu.com
https://getfedora.org

Of course, we need to make sure that we respect all trademark and branding
requirements for both Ubuntu and GNOME.

If we do not have anyone who can step up, let me see what I can do to make
this happen. I have a few contacts that I may be able to call in a few
favors with who may be able to help out.

Keith I Myers
+Keith I Myers
Mobile : (305)-929-3475