ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

[Artwork report] Wily Werewolf cycle.

Hi all,

I'm super-duper tired, so I'll be short and concise (although I suspect it
won't be possible :P) in this report of our DONE and WIP items this 15.10
cycle:

   - *Plymouth (DONE/WIP)*
      - The artwork is mostly done, we only have to rewrite some code. For
      this cycle, we are keeping the "cyclical" progress animation (although we
      plan, as Tim commented that it is theoretically possible thanks
to systemd,
      to have a real, functional progress indicator for 16.04).
      - A bug in text colour has been fixed (it was fixed a few months ago,
      but I reckon it hasn't reached.
      - The logo shown in GDM has been updated to show a plain logo instead
      of a white logo with a blurry highlight (more details are appreciated and
      it doesn't hurt the eyes so much).
   - *New logo (DONE)*
      - No comments to add, we all know what's happening here :)
   - *Syslinux (WIP, virtually DONE)*
      - It hasn't been updated yet, but it takes one afternoon to change,
      so no big deal.
   - *Ubiquity (WIP)*
      - Our plan is to follow Patrik's mockup. It will require to recode
      the whole thing and update (as usual) the screenshots. This
steals a couple
      of days of a single man, so it'll be ready in the blink of an eye.
   - *Wallpapers (WIP)*
      - We might ship a few wallpapers created by the Artwork Team. Whether
      one of them is set as the desktop default we don't know yet; that will be
      further discussed.
      - As usual, we want to do a Community Wallpaper Contest; hopefully
      we'll have more strict rules so that we don't lose so much time
      preselecting wallpapers that do not meet the standard sizes and so on.
   - *Website (WIP)*
      - Sigh... if only websites wrote themselves.

I reckon that's all. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Best regards,
Alfredo

Follow ups