ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

One comment to the newest theme in 3.17.90

First of all - compliments to all the work that has been done the last time

i A lot of work as been passed on small details

JUST one thinhg - tat i really do not think, that it will pass well

the new gnome logo  or the sign for running applications

Want to try to explain why: I am born in 1967 - so far aftr the 2nd world
war
With 48 what begins to get bad are the eyes - without reading glasses
sharpness is only a dream ;)

Last time when i came back to my computer - without my reading glasses and
i saw the new logo in the middle of the standby screen  - i thougt - now
they have chosen a swastika (Hakenkreuz) as logo!

OK on second view you see of course that it is not THAT logo

I was wondering i was the only one that did this interpretation of the logo
I asked now 5 other people - from 40 to 76 - 3 persons - all
wearingreading glasses - all  without glasses on their nose were thinking
immediately to the nazi-sign ....

Although i admire the work of the artist - i am sure he (or she) did not
think about the visible interpretation the moment you forgot you
spectacles

cheers

Follow ups