ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: It is time

Yo all,

I've just read your messages. My thoughts:

   - GNOME are slow, even slower than us :P. Technically we shouldn't have
   any problem about the logo, even the replies were friendly and nice. I
   don't even know how often they have meetings to discuss licensing matters
   like ours.
   - As Tim says, we implicitly have their blessing. We already had it when
   we were misusing the GNOME foot; there's no reason to have any issue now
   that we've virtually removed any possible infringement of their branding.
   - In all fairness, when we were infringing stuff they took like 8 months
   to reply; I suspect that they will take much longer now that all is alright.

*IMHO, the new logo should be publicly announced*, it's already in the
wiki, plymouth, syslinux, ubiquity, etc.

Best regards,
Alfredo