ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Installation Page

 Hey everyone,
    I've started the installation page in response to the emails
circulating on the main mailing list about people having trouble installing
from the disc.  The first section just says to back up your data.  This
seems to be where people were having trouble.  I think it might be a good
idea to put a link to UbuntuOne in that section as well because most people
set up an account after install anyways, and it would be a good way for
those without much external memory to transfer their files to the new
system after install.  What do you all think?
    Also, I could put detailed instructions there with screen shots, as I
plan on doing a fresh install soon anyway.  Would that be appropriate for
the Wiki though?

    James
    My Wiki <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>

Follow ups