ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Installation Page

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM, James Vorderbruggen
<jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hey everyone,
>     I've started the installation page in response to the emails
> circulating on the main mailing list about people having trouble installing
> from the disc.  The first section just says to back up your data.  This
> seems to be where people were having trouble.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to look for the pages that need some love :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Installation

I have made this page and whenever I want to update it, something happens
and hold me back. Glad to see someone who is helping :)

> I think it might be a good idea to put a link to UbuntuOne in that section
> as well because most people set up an account after install anyways, and it
> would be a good way for those without much external memory to transfer
> their files to the new system after install.  What do you all think?

I never use it :)

>     Also, I could put detailed instructions there with screen shots, as I
> plan on doing a fresh install soon anyway.  Would that be appropriate for
> the Wiki though?
>
>     James
>     My Wiki <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>

I have the Screenshots already on my machine so just give me some time, I
will upload it and will let you know. In fact, if you subscribe to the page
-
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/DocumentationTeam#Subscribe_to_a_Wiki_Page
- then you should be notified with each edit ;)

The page need some edit ;)
But no worries, as my mentor used to say: "write a wiki page and then
polish it and make it simple and beautiful" ;)

Later, I am going to send some guidelines for this team so that everyone
knows what is going on and what is needed.

Thanks!

Best Regards,