ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: FAQs link (It's done)

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Njål Kollbotn <j0lliyo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could we maybe make ubuntugnome.org just pull the text from the wiki? so
> they would both be the same if the wiki is altered?

Hi,

To make life easier, the best way is:
http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/

Keep this as the most basic FAQs and if there is more FAQs to be added
later, users can always refer to the link at the end.

1- There is no available way to do any kind of link so when the Wiki Page
got updated, the Website gets updated too
2- Maybe there is a way to just point to the Wiki Page but then, our
website will be just like Lubuntu's Website which has only ONE page and
each and every link directed to the Wiki Area. I don't really like this.
3- The shorter the text on the website, the better.

The Website is our front line where users can visit to have basic
information and for 'more' information, the wiki area will be there :)

The problem is not that the whole work will be on my shoulder but there are
standards from Canonical and Ubuntu that we can't ignore nor skip. For
example, we can not change the theme of the website unless we ask Canonical
for that, AFAIK.

My own vision is to keep everything as simple as possible. We don't want
any user to get the bad impression that this system is so hard that there
are 100 FAQs to read ... we want them to get the impression that it is very
easy system. FAQs can be added later on the Wiki Page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FAQ

For now, this is my own vision but you are free to share yours :)

Best Regards,