ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: FAQs link (It's done)

On 12/08/2013 03:32 PM, Njål Kollbotn wrote:
> [...]
>>     pull the text from the wiki? so they would both be the same if
>>     the wiki is altered?
>>

>>     On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad)
>>     <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>

>>         On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM, James Vorderbruggen
>>         <jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>

>>             On 12/04/2013 11:17 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>>

>>>             On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM, James Vorderbruggen
>>>             <jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>>
>>>             wrote:
>>>
>>>                 Hi all,
>>>                     Is there any reason that the FAQs link on
>>>                 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage#Section_C:_Ubuntu_GNOME_101
>>>                 links to http://ubuntugnome.org/faq/ instead of an
>>>                 internal wiki page?  If there isn't, I would like to
>>>                 change it so that using the wiki is more
>>>                 consistent.  That would also give us access to the
>>>                 FAQ info so we could change it. Any thoughts or
>>>                 objections?
>>>
>>>                 James
>>>

>>>             Hi,
>>>
>>>             IMHO, we do need one page for FAQs, not two :)
>>>
>>>             Maybe if we could move the FAQs from the Website to the
>>>             Wiki Area, I can also update the website as well. What I
>>>             mean is, the content of the FAQs on the Website to be
>>>             moved to the Wiki.
>>>
>>>             We can copy-paste it so it should be hard :)
>>>
>>>             Thank you!
>>>
>>>             --
>>>             Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>>             Best Regards,
>>>             amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>>             Areas of Involvement
>>>             <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>>>             My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>>             Already done.  If you updated the website that would be
>>             really great!
>>

>>         Hi,
>>
>>         I merged both Wiki and FAQ under a new page called
>>         Documentation
>>
>>         http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation
>>
>>         So, FAQs and Wiki are Sub-Pages for the parent (Doc) :)
>>
>>         I think it is better to leave:
>>         http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/ for now
>>
>>         However, I have mentioned FAQs on the main page:
>>         http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/
>>
>>         Great work, James :)
>>         Keep it up and thanks for everyone!
>>
>>         --
>>         Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>         Best Regards,
>>         amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>         Areas of Involvement
>>         <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>>         My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>>
>>         --
>>

>     I think the problem with that is that all the work would lie on
>     Ali's shoulders in its implementation.  Unless more of us have
>     access to the ubuntugnome.org <http://ubuntugnome.org> website
>     than I know?
>
>     --
>     James Vorderbruggen
>     /UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team/

I think I agree with Ali on this one, however just so everyone knows,
there is a feasible way to mirror pages here:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-mirror/ Feasibility, however,
doesn't seem to be and can't be our only concern.

--
James Vorderbruggen
/UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team/
My Wiki <wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>