ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: FAQs link (It's done)

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM, James Vorderbruggen
<jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  On 12/08/2013 03:32 PM, Njål Kollbotn wrote:
>
> But arent there plugins or something for this already? if not i'm sure
> someone could write one?
>

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM, James Vorderbruggen <
> jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>   On 12/08/2013 02:47 PM, Njål Kollbotn wrote:
>>
>> Could we maybe make ubuntugnome.org just pull the text from the wiki? so
>> they would both be the same if the wiki is altered?
>>

>>  On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>>  I merged both Wiki and FAQ under a new page called Documentation
>>>
>>> http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation
>>>
>>>  So, FAQs and Wiki are Sub-Pages for the parent (Doc) :)
>>>
>>>  I think it is better to leave:
>>> http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/ for now
>>>
>>>  However, I have mentioned FAQs on the main page:
>>> http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/
>>>
>>>  Great work, James :)
>>>  Keep it up and thanks for everyone!
>>>
>>> --
>>>   Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>> Best Regards,
>>>  amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>>  Areas of Involvement<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>>>  My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>   I think the problem with that is that all the work would lie on Ali's
>> shoulders in its implementation.  Unless more of us have access to the
>> ubuntugnome.org website than I know?
>>
>> --
>> James Vorderbruggen
>> *UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team*
>> My Wiki <http://wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>
>>

>   I think I agree with Ali on this one, however just so everyone knows,
> there is a feasible way to mirror pages here:
> http://wordpress.org/plugins/content-mirror/ Feasibility, however,
> doesn't seem to be and can't be our only concern.
>

> --
> James Vorderbruggen
> *UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team*
> My Wiki <http://wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>

Check: http://lubuntu.net/
and check: http://xubuntu.org/

Two cousins, different visions to handle the website :)

Xubuntu Team's vision: Website for Users. Wiki for Members of the team or
those who are not new to Ubuntu.

Lubuntu Team's vision: direct everyone to the Wiki Pages whenever he/she
click on any link.

I'd prefer to have a mixture of these two visions!

And, yes, I do hope that with 14.10, we could have better website :)
I am afraid we have no much time for that at the moment. We are still
building our teams and for this to remain on topic, I think we are doing
great job when it comes to the Wiki area.

Thank you!

Best Regards,