ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Installation page

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM, James Vorderbruggen
<jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hey everyone,

Hello,

>     Tonight, I sat down to revise the page at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Installation , and I stopped because
> I'm not sure in what direction we should take it.
>
>    -  We could continue using the style that I was, which would mean
>    linking to other information about processes.
>    - The other option we have is to dive into every step of the process
>    in more detail.  We could even include screen shots like on
>    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD (our images would of course
>    be more relevant ;)).
>
> What does everyone think?  There is of course the option of doing a hybrid
> of the two.  Whichever we pick though, the page needs to be expanded
> because this is the point at which a lot of new users get hung up and
> frustrated.
>
> Personally, I favor option number two.
> --
> James Vorderbruggen
> *UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team*
> My Wiki <http://wiki.ubuntu.com/jamesvorder>

I'd suggest to keep that page as simple as possible (KISS) and the
Screenshots are ready since months, it is my personal failure that I
couldn't steal sometime from other tasks and upload these :(

For some users, installing the system is the hardest scary mission for them
so our job here is to make this as easy, simple and enjoyable as possible ;)

I will do my best to upload the screenshots ASAP or maybe should I just
forward these to you, James? to review and check which one is good and
which is not? let me know what you need ... my mind now has 1000+1 process
to think about :/

I should stop my bad habit of opening so many tabs :P

Keep up the great work :D
Thank you for everything!

Best Regards,