ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Reminder!

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM, James Vorderbruggen
<jamesvorder@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  On 12/23/2013 03:04 PM, Иван Иванов wrote:
>
> 1. Ali, sorry that I have forgotten to add the new AdvancedHowTo page to
> the Wiki Map, but that totally was out of my mind. There can't be a mess,
> because I posted a mail to the mailing list that I have added a new page,
> so everyone was informed. I just forgot to add the page in the Wiki Map.
>
> 2. I don't always add comments, because some changes are really small -
> they refer to typing mistakes, style changes, chaning one or two words,
> bold one or two phrases, etc. While scrolling the pages, I find some small
> details that have to be changed - that's why I login, do this small change
> and save. I use the preview button, but after 5 minutes for example, in my
> mind comes up new change and that's the reason I use the save button. I
> know that there are moments when I make many small changes. But this is all
> done, because I want PERFECTION, too. The Wiki page is a dynamic page now
> and there are edits added frequently. I add comments every time when the
> comment is really useful, when the change is really important to mention.
>
> You are the team leader and I will follow your instructions for adding
> comments every time, but you have to be sure that I made many edits at a
> time, because I want every detail to be close to perfect, to be precise, to
> be accurate. For example I can find only one mispelled word or mistaken
> capital letter and I will login to change that.
>
> I am going to add comments every time for my future edits.

Yes, same here :D

I am 'not' 100% sure whether 'Trivial' changes are listed on the history or
not? I never bothered to watch that closely but I will just do a test after
I will send this to confirm :)

> Also, I'm guilty of forgetting to add a page to the wiki map when I made
> the FAQ page... sorry :/  Can't say it ever crossed my mind at that point,
> and when it did, Ali had added it.

Stop it you both :P
Don't blame yourself. The reason why I am here is to follow up, remind you
(for example), finish the work, etc. We are ONE team. I am sending these
reminders because today I am here, tomorrow, I might not be around. I want
people to follow the same steps that I personally do and I want everyone in
Linux world to say that we, Ubuntu GNOME team is the best of the best!

Now, you guys now what to do next so I am glad :D

Best Regards,