ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Gnome - WIki

Hello Everyone:

I noticed that the Ubuntu Gnome team has started a wiki and wanted to
advert your attention to the structure of the Ubuntu wikis.

Currently there are two main wiki areas:

wiki.ubuntu.com -- which is for people and teams.

help.ubuntu.com/community -- which is for how-to documentation for
Ubuntu and Ubuntu flavors.

Other flavors on help.ubuntu.com/community
      * https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu
      * https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kubuntu

While it is not mandatory to move any existing pages I believe it would
help to move how-to pages to the help.ubuntu.com/community section and
leave details about team organization on wiki.ubuntu.com. That is what
the community is used too so new Gnome Ubuntu users will likely be told
to search help.ubuntu.com/community for how-to documentation.

I noticed you were inspired by the Lubuntu page
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LubuntuLinks); you will notice that
several of their links point to the help.ubuntu.com/community site.

I would also suggest having your wiki admins join the Ubuntu
Documentation team. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam)

cprofitt <cprofitt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Ubuntu Community Council
Ubuntu Documentation Team