ubuntukylin-members team mailing list archive

Re: New Contributor Guide

Nice. seems you are on the IRC. Let's have a talk first:)

--
Regards,
Jack Yu

At 2013-03-13 11:59:38,"Heling Yao" <yaoheling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks.

What I'm thinking is rather simple: I read from h-online yesterday that UbuntuKylin has become an official Ubuntu flavor, and am thinking maybe I can contribute as well. :-)

I'm more of a user/power user and would like to contribute to the project, where do I start? That could be one of the typical user cases for the New Contributor Guide.

Jonas' idea is good (I read your post on ubuntukylin.com about becoming a developer on launchpad), and that could be the basis of a developer section for Contributor Guide.

But then there are designers, translators, users, testers who might be interested in contributing; The project could go a long way by giving them some necessary documentation.

By the way, what exactly is UbuntuKylin? All I know is that it's a Ubuntu flavor customized for Chinese users. Is it desktop only, or there are other editions (server etc)? Is this information available somewhere?

Cheers,

Heling