Re: Availability of UbuntuOne on other distros

On 07/07/2009 06:11 PM, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>    Yes, I am interested in building rpm for other distros, especially openSuSE.
>    But the idea of porting Ubuntu One to other distros should have a
> more general form: why not to build a client for any operating system,
> for example using Java? I would like to hear your thoughts about this.

The current client code is written in python, which is perhaps even more
portable than Java. Also the storage protocol is using google protocol
buffers, which can be compiled into Java or C++ libraries if you prefer.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/