Re: Availability of UbuntuOne on other distros

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 00:11 +0200, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> Hi Elliot
>
>    Yes, I am interested in building rpm for other distros, especially openSuSE.
>    But the idea of porting Ubuntu One to other distros should have a
> more general form: why not to build a client for any operating system,
> for example using Java? I would like to hear your thoughts about this.

I have been talking with some Novell people at GCDS, and they agree on
having packages for our client software being submitted to the openSUSE
build service, which I'll be doing as soon as I get back home.

But if you have an account on the build service, feel free to start the
packaging yourself :-)