File changed on disk

Sometimes when studying I like to have an open file for taking quick
notes for further lookup - so while reading a book (say) I can go, make
a note, save the file, and return to where I was.

If said file is in the Ubuntu One/My Files directory, I often get a
warning from vim that the file has changed on disk. I guess the last
save got sync'ed to the Ubuntu One server and then sync'ed back.

But seriously, the file shouldn't be marked as changed on disk because
of that if the last change was a change to this very instance!

Surely a file should only be marked as changed after a synchronization
if it was changed on another machine.

br
Carsten Agger

Follow ups