Re: Ubable to update Ubuntu-One on Acer Aspire Laptop

Hi Elliot,

Are you sure that the instructions are correct? If they are correct, I
might have a strange situation on my computer.
The ubuntuone-client-gnome package was installed, but
ubuntuone-storage-protocol wasn't.

And another "me too" on the disappearing ubuntuone applet from the
notification area...

I removed all ubuntuone packages I could find, and after that ran a
"sudo apt-get autoremove" to clear other unused packages.
Then I installed ubuntuone-client-gnome.

And still, ubuntuone-storage-protocol is not installed.
Instead, python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol is installed.

What's the difference between these 2 packages and which one should I
install?

And another question: I have the ubuntuone-ppa-beta package installed,
but there's also a ubuntuone-ppa package.
Do I have the correct package?

Finally, if I do have the correct packages, how can I help to find the
reason behind the disappearing applet?

Thanks,

Johan