Re: Address Book in evolution

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 15:08 +0200, Claudio Arseni wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using Ubuntu Karmic Beta, how can I create the address book in
> evolution?
> When I try to enter the Ubuntu One DB I receive this message:
>
> Unable to open address book
>
> Error loading address book.
>
> This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that an incorrect
> URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.
>
> Detailed error message: Address Book does not exist

this might mean desktopcouch is not running, so could you please close
evolution and then go to a terminal and run:

$ evolution --force-shutdown
$ /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-2.28

then, start evolution and try to open the U1 addressbook. If it fails
again, please send me the output of
the /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-2.28 command