Re: Ubuntu One client does not connect

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 08:00 -0600, Matt Griffin wrote:
> > When I try to connect from the client, the cloud appears on the panel
> > for a few seconds then reverts to an exclamation mark. That's it,
> > nothing more. The preferences allow me to set when U1 updates, but
> > nothing else. So how does the client know what my U1 user name is?
>
> If you have an exclamation mark, you may be running an out of date
> version of the client software (1.0.2-0ubuntu1 -
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/462828). You can
> check by opening a terminal and typing the following command:

Just to clarify...

People using the Humanity icon theme (the default in 9.10) are going to
see an ! inside a cloud when disconnected. This does not mean there is
an error. It is merely an unfortunate design issue in Humanity, for
which there is a bug report (and there are different icons in its trunk
already, for Lucid). But I'm not sure they are particularly great icons
to describe the state of ubuntuone-syncdaemon, either. Of course, for
Lucid we'll be getting rid of the applet entirely, so this won't really
be an issue there either.